LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / November 1, 2020 / Compare-autoinsurance.org (https://compare-autoinsurance.org) has launched a new blog post that explains how drivers can obtain the right car insurance for classic and vintage cars.
For more info and free car insurance quotes online, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/how-to-insure-classic-and-vintage-cars.
Drivers that own classic and vintage cars will do everything to order to protect them. These types of vehicles are regarded as investments. These cars should be well-maintained, cleaned often, and parked in a garage when not in use. Also, owners of these types of vehicles should purchase the right insurance policy. Classic and vintage cars can be insured by the large national insurance providers or by smaller, specialized insurers.
Drivers who are looking to insure a classic or vintage car should consider the following:
- Determine if they own a vintage or classic vehicle. There is no clear universal definition among the insurers regarding what vehicle can be seen as a classic or vintage car. Usually, a classic car is considered to be a vehicle that is 19 to 24 years old, it is restored or in good working condition, and has a value that is larger than the average value of the cars made by the same manufacturer and model year.
- Classic cars have restrictions. Owners of classic cars can’t use them to do their daily routines. Insurance companies will impose some restrictions on how owners can use their classic or vintage vehicles. In most cases, classic car owners are allowed to use their vehicles at rallies, parades, car shows, or weddings.
- Determine the value of the vehicle. In order to obtain coverage, classic car owners and the insurers have to agree upon the value of the vehicle. In most cases, the services of a professional appraiser are required. If something bad happens to the vehicle, the classic car owner will be paid with the agreed value of the classic car.
- The costs of the insurance policy. Usually, the costs to insure classic cars are lower than insuring normal vehicles. Classic cars are rarely driven, are kept in the garage most of the time, and are well maintained.
- Discounts. Popular discounts among classic car collectors include multi-car policy discount, clean driving record discount, and anti-theft devices discount
- Exclusive classic cars options. Specialized insurers can offer special options like specialized roadside assistance, no attendance required, and spare parts coverage.
There are several conditions to be met before a policy can be issued. These include:
- Mileage: There are mileage restrictions that vary according to each state. Generally speaking, limits for annual mileage are about 5,000 to 7,000 miles but some insurance companies limit mileage to less than that.
- Age of the car: Usually, 25 years old or older.
- Driving record: Insurers will often look as far back as 10 years when checking the driver’s record. Even one at-fault accident may prevent you from getting insured for a classic car.
- Storage: The car must be garaged or placed in a storage facility.
- Usage agreement: You will most likely be asked to agree not to race the classic car or expose it to any other types of potential peril.
- Condition of the car: If the car is not in good condition or has been in an accident, insurers will be hesitant to insure you.
For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org.
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
“Owning a classic or vintage car can make anyone happy. However, in order to protect a classic or a vintage vehicle, drivers should ensure they are getting the proper car insurance coverage,” said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
Company Name: Internet Marketing Company
Person for contact: Daniel C
Phone Number: (818) 359-3898
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE: Internet Marketing Company
View source version on accesswire.com: